عيد مبارك سعيد

[إسمك هنا]

كل عام و انتم سعداء اتقياء
بقلوب بيضاء
و وجوه مشرقة مبتسمة
كل عام و انتم امنين مطمئنين
كل عام و الفرح يعم حياتكم و العافية تغلف اجسادكم
كل عام و انتم بخير
تقبل الله منا و منكم صالح الاعمال
اللهم آمين

هنئ اصدقائك بمناسبة عيد الفطر المبارك
قم بكتابة اسمك وقم بمشاركة الرسالة مع اصدقائك






































































mardi 21 juillet 2015

Chronicles of a first time DE shaver

Here goes gents,

I recently decided to dive into the world of DE wet shaving. A little back story - I'm 23 and have typically shaved either in the shower with a fusion (Or other Cart) or when I was in a rush with cheap Philips electric. Needless to say bumps, irritation, razor burn, ingrown hairs, dread of shaving, and general discomfort on my face and neck had become part of my every day life. I've been in the military (Army Guard) since I was 17 and so shaving every day is pretty much required.

I decided enough was enough and it was time to start taking care of my face instead of trying to turn it into hamburger every day. Enter B&B... and the ever flowing stream of wisdom, lore, and opinions it provides. Did a fair amount of reading and eventually settled on a RazoRock Mission along with some RazoRock XX soft soap and proraso aftershave balm. I've been at it for about two weeks now and I've finally decided to stop lurking and start posting. If nothing else I hope this serves as a guide for other beginners along the way. This first post will cover my first couple shaves and I'll try to post to thread frequently with updates on my progress and revelations. As I post any suggestions, comments, hints, constructive insults and jokes would be greatly appreciated

First Shave - The apprehension was real. I had unpacked my newly acquired goods and carefully disassembled my mission. I opened a pack of Astra SP's and slipped a blade onto the base. Upon reassembly I encountered my first moment of utter confusion as a DE user. How the heck do I get the blade identically exposed on each side? Well I did a few quick searches and concluded that the solution was to eyeball it and hope I don't suck. After fiddling with blade placement for a few minutes I was reasonably satisfied with the results and proceeded to prep for my shave. I had purchased RazoRock's cheaper badger brush and allowed it to soak in warm water for a few minutes while I wrapped my neck and face in a warm towel. I wetted my brush and started to work my XX soap and after I felt the brush was loaded I went to the bowl with it. Not enough product.... not enough water.... still eventually got a usable lather. My first day I decided to try only a two pass shave. WTG followed by XTG. Despite my lack of technique and cluelessness when it comes to proper blade angle I ended up with a SAS. Actually a pretty good SAS if you ask me and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed that a complete rookie could grab a DE razor and end up with those kind of results. It was a much better shave than I ever got with my fusion in the shower anyways. Not a single cut or nick and only minor irritation. Red bumps on my necks pretty much persist though.

Since that shave I've had several others and my technique is improving. I'm doing a better job of mapping my beard and playing the grain but I still struggle heavily with proper blade angle. My most recent shave was one of my rougher ones. New Treet silver blade but I went XTG twice (opposite directions) followed by an ATG and it left me with a fair amount of irritation and a mediocre shave at best as far as my recent shaves have been. The only time I ever get a nick is when I hit a bump from razor burn and I have yet to earn a weeper (can't wait:blink:)

My lathering has improved a bit but I'm still experimenting with water content, brush loading, and how much product to use. Honestly it seems like my lather has been drying on my face before I finish a pass and it only takes me between 60-90 seconds for a pass. I'll be trying more water with my shave tonight. I think I'm going to stick with evening shaves from now on as it allows me to take my time, enjoy the shave, and the results last well into the next evening.

I'm probably missing a few comments but I'll add them in my next posts along with future statements and questions. For now this is all I've got. I look forward to hearing from the community.


Chronicles of a first time DE shaver

بحث هذه المدونة الإلكترونية

Fourni par Blogger.

أرشيف المدونة الإلكترونية

التسميات

Signaler un abus

Articles les plus consultés

من أنا

إسمك هنا



شارك عبر الماسنجر شارك عبر الواتساب